Photo by Bruce Scott
Sabrina Staires has devoted herself to a broad freelance practice encompassing editorial, documentary, commercial and fine art for over 21 years. She well known for maintaining long standing relationships with her clients. Her work depicts the human element evoking warmth and connection, making her imagery a perfect fit for non-profit organizations.
Sabrina began her career as a lab technician in the darkroom (yes we're talking film) of a large printing company in Kansas City, Custom Color. She moved on to become a newspaper photographer for the Kansas City Star and assisted many commercial and fine art photographers to learn diversity in her craft. After shooting for more than a decade Sabrina thought it would be interesting to create a space that would showcase her work as well as other artist. She cultivated Landon Gallery in the Crossroads Arts District, curating many compelling exhibitions, several that went on to have national acclaim.
Sabrina’s editorial style commercial work has won her American Advertising Federation recognition. Sabrina's environmental installation, ECHO, was the recipient of the ARTSKC grant.
She was the environmental artist in residence for the Johnson County Public School District which allowed her the pleasure of completing recycled eco-system installations with the students.
Sabrina uses her vision to create images that have emotional impact, while inspiring interest and therefore truly educating audiences about the changing landscape and practices in industrialism in America. Her fine art and installation pieces can be viewed in galleries around the United States. Her limited edition prints with a focus on use of old fashioned film are a part of several private collections.
- Mid America Arts Alliance
- Charlotte Street Foundation
- Artist INC
- Bernstein Rein Advertising
- Barkley Advertising
- Crossroads Advertising
- KC Spaces Magazine
- Kansas City Star
- Weight Watchers
- Tension Envelope
- The City of Kansas City
- H&R Block
- Non-Profit Connect
- The Pitch Magazine
- Family Business Magazine
- KC Studio Magazine
- Kansas Leadership Council
- St. Mark's United Inner City Services
- Be Head Strong
- Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, "Sense of Place", Saint Joseph, Missouri, group (2017)
- Puffin Foundation, "Where We are Now", Teaneck, New Jersey, group (2017)
- University of Central Connecticut, "ECHO", New Britain Connecticut, solo (2017)
- Leedy-Voulkos Art Center,"ECHO", Kansas City, MO, solo (2016)
- Kansas City Artist Coalition Underground, "Four Square", Kansas City, MO, group (2016)
- Photoplace Gallery, "Portrait and Place" Middlebury, Vermont, group (2014)
- Front Space Gallery, Kansas City, MO, group, (2013)
- Bemis Center of Contemporary Art, Omaha, NE, group (2012)
- Arts Through Architecture Billboards, "Elephants on Parade", Kansas City, MO, solo (2012)
- Center for Fine Art Photography,"Portraits 2012", Fort Collins, Colorado, group (2012)